Danny Shears is a native of Montreal, Canada growing up in a real estate family there. His parents owned one of the largest private brokerages in the province for more than 40 years. That is where he learned integrity and honesty were paramount when working with clients for successful closures and repeat business. His family taught him that a good reputation is vital to a happy and efficacious career.
Before moving to the United States, Danny opened his own interior design company for luxury properties. He began to purchase and renovate his own investments and offer them to clients with unique tastes. After obtaining his Master degree in marketing, advertising, and publicrelations, he continued on to finish his PhD study in Interpersonal and Intercultural Communication.
Danny then used his talents and knowledge to buy and sell properties in California prior to moving to Fort Lauderdale in 2010. He is known for his renovation work, interior design, and real estate investment skills. In coordination with Coldwell Banker, the Gary Lanham Group has afforded Danny numerous opportunities to focus his talents on the South Florida real estate market.
Danny is fluent in English, French, Italian, and Thai. His education and experience add to his professional capabilities when marketing properties. He uses the most up-to-date advertising, marketing, and real estate technologies to ensure the best outcome for his clients.
Hi, my name is Danny Shears and I am a realtor with the Gary Lanham Group at Coldwell Banker.
I want to share with you a series our team has developed to help buyers and sellers maximize their dollars when buying or selling real estate in South Florida. This series is called:
“Five Ways the Right Realtor Will Help Buy or Sell Your Fort Lauderdale Home”
This is the first of five blogs from me and The Lanham Group on preparing and showing your Fort Lauderdale home to win over a prospective buyer. Click here to see the entire series.
From curb appeal to updated appliances to school zones and comparable home values, countless details can affect getting - or paying - top dollar for your Fort Lauderdale home. Nothing is more important, though, than the real estate agent you choose to partner with.
“Partner” is a key distinction. Some Realtors claim to know areas like Las Olas, Coral Ridge, Pompano Beach, or Lighthouse Point. But with 22,000 real estate agents across greater Fort Lauderdale alone, how can you know who’s best for you?
Whether you’re buying or selling a home, when interviewing Broward County Realtors, ask these questions:
- When and how should I begin looking for the right agent for me? Do you homework. If you’re seriously considering listing and selling your home, the research process should being at least six months before you plan to list the property. Before you talk to your first selling broker or agent, you must be prepared to ask the right questions to determine the depth of their knowledge, and their commitment to the broker-client relationship. They should ask about your unique circumstances. For example, do you have young children, those heading off to college, or those who’ve graduated - leaving you an empty nester?
- You’ll be my partner. But who’ll be yours? You’ll need a number of “partners” in the selling your home, especially if you’re relocating to South Florida and have no trusted professional connections. Proven Realtors know the most respected appraisers, inspectors, and attorneys to help at every step of the transaction. If selling your property, their marketing partners can make sure your residence is presented in the best light and promoted in key markets. Their roster should even include photographers and Internet marketers to professionally stage, photograph, post, and share dozens of publication-quality images of your residence across hundreds of website and social media pages.
- Where will you market my home for sale? Speaking of marketing partners, your Realtor must work hand-in-hand to highlight your home’s finest features to motivate buyers. Then, they should advertise in local and relevant national print and online media; produce mailers and fliers featuring your property; record and share videos, podcasts and other social media content; host virtual video tours; and conduct Broker open houses to provide exposure to other Realtors.
- What’s the property’s true value? Whether buying or selling, success is in the numbers. An experienced Realtor will have knowledge far beyond the comparable home values in your neighborhood. Priced right, under the “law of substitution,” your home should sell before other comparable homes in the market. This “insider’s knowledge” means they will truly know the area to ensure you’re asking - or paying - a fair price for the market.
- Do they truly know the market? More than anything, whether you’re buying or selling, ensure that your Realtor partner specializes in residential property in real estate from Fort Lauderdale north to Boca Raton south to Miami. It’s not about your immediate area. South Florida is a lifestyle choice. Their insight should be invaluable in making the right decision.
Gary Lanham Group at Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate is a boutique real estate organization offering sales, leasing, and brokerage services to the Greater Fort Lauderdale area. A listings agent matches home sellers with buyers and tenants with landlords. While Broward County is our universe, we focus on Coral Ridge Country Club, Imperial Point, Oakland Park, Wilton Manors, and the surrounding areas. Call me, Danny Shears, at 954-793-6946, or visit my web page at https://www.garylanhamgroup.com/team-view/danny-shears