Know the Facts: Foreclosures and Short Sales
"How do I sell my home fast?" People call us every day with this question. 70% of foreclosed homeowners never knew there was another choice, and a graceful exit. Every homeowner in trouble needs to know there are good alternatives!
- 1 out of 6 Homes are in Mortgage Default.
- Florida is the 2nd Largest Foreclosure State in the Country.
- 1/2 of all Homeowners are Underwater with their Mortgages (Owe more than their homes are worth).
Control the Foreclosure Process
- Control the Situation; Try to Stay in Your Home!
- Reduce the Hit to your Credit from Being in Arrears on your Payments
- Avoid a Deficiency Judgement if Possible
I Need to Sell My Home! What Is a Short Sale?
A short sale is a real estate process whereby the homeowner can avoid having to weather the foreclosure process. Essentially, it is an agreed arrangement where your lender is willing to absorb a loss rather than subjecting themselves and you to all of the downsides of foreclosure. Obviously, much depends upon the difference between the "short" sale price and the balance owed. Often however, it works out to be the best arrangement for both parties.
It is important to work with an experienced real estate agency that knows the ins and outs of short sales. The Gary Lanham Group has the required background to help make sure your credit rating does not suffer excessively and that you complete the sale quickly. We will advise you of the pros and cons, enabling you to make an informed decision with no surprises at the end.
Take a few minutes and contact us today to learn about your options. You may discover what millions of others have learned: